Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Photographic Festivities

Shock horror!

I promised pictures and, true to my word, here they are only like a day or two later. Can't complain, right. So, this is my photo shoot although it was mostly done by myself. I'm glad that I have become accustomed to taking photos of myself as this made me get some semi-decent results in a fairly short time. They stuck me in a Yukata and left me alone to play with my camera, what did they expect?


So, when I was getting dressed up, Hitomi decided she wanted to join in the fun and quickly dressed. The bow on the back, which I don't think you can see in any of the photos is a clip on which I was thankful for. The real ones suck the breathe out of you like nobody's business. ((Which nobody, I don't know. Probably Zexion, cause he's my favourite. Sorry, suffering from lack of Demyx Time.))



This photo (above) was taken in the lower half of the house, where the Grandma and Grandpa live. Ojiichan is the cutest, little Japanese man you've every seen. I'll try and knock up a photo of him sometime. He's a classic. This room they have all sorts of odd things, including Karaoke, which made me laugh.

The rest of these I took myself so I apologise for the myspace-like quality that they have to them. I tried to be a smidge creative so you lot wouldn't get bored. Here are some of the results:



The following picture is an ode to Jack.

I'm posing in front of the alter where both Yui's mother and grandmother pray every morning. Once, while I was reading in the afternoon, some random dressed in black came in, prayed and excused herself with only minimal words passed between us. I assumed she was a relative or something, I don't know what she thought of me.

The picture is dedicated to Jack, ((I don't even know if he reads this blog, probably not)) because when we first visited Japan in 2006, Jack ((I'm pretty sure it was Jack)) altered the Mickey jingle for Buddha and everytime we went to a temple, threw in our money and prayed; we both, unfailably, muttered this jingle in our heads or under our breaths. Nothing against Buddha, just for kicks.

Indeed, when Yui's mother and I went visiting Dejima and the other temples, she gave me a five yen coin to throw into the offering box and I couldn't help but think of this jingle as she prayed sincerely next to me.

I really want to do Purikura by myself, as lame as that sounds, so I can do a bunch of ZOMG! T3h Ashley is in Japan! pictures but without a phone, they would probably turn out bad and it isn't worth the money or the embarrassment if it doesn't work. I could get Yui or someone to come with me and put in on their phone but I would feel like a bit of a twat asking them to wait outside while I take ego-motivated pictures of myself. So, you'll just have to deal with Gaia type signage. Soz.

I have an exchange student article to write, if you'll excuse me.
<3
Ashley-chan.

3 comments:

Saerlin SieGeneris said...

Grrr...blogspot is gets frustrating when posting pictures as it throws all of the words and spaces out of whack. Trying to fix it. Bear with me.

Saerlin SieGeneris said...

It's all but fixed. It'll do.

Gehrke said...

I like the photo of you holding the parasol ^^