Monday, June 15, 2009

Huzzah.

For nothing in particular.

Harry Potter comes out in Japan in exactly one month today. Yes!

So, I had a little bit of fun on the weekend, I did a little mini photoshoot wearing one of Yui's Yukata's and I prepeared to show you the pictures in all my glory. I brought my camera cord and my ipod cord but unfortunately, my camera forgot to make the customary switch from weekend bag to school bag. So, I'm sorry. I really am. No computer at home this week nor any late afternoons which gave me no time to blog beforehand.

Life has kind of just faded into normal life which is like meh. It is nice to have spares during school although I spend most of these studying or sleeping. I don't have access to a computer during these spares otherwise you people would be bombarded which you would probably prefer to a simple lack of contact. At least I blog once every ten days, I'm trying.

I don't remember what I wrote in my last blog, so sorry if I am repeating myself. I move in like two weeks. Inside me, a small mod is dancing in a poncho because of this. On the other side, a dark and moody man with the eyes of a shrew is fretting about the situation to come. Ten points to whoever can name this painfully obvious reference.

Apparently, my next family lives out in what my mother would call, Paddy Land. Not to mention that soon my train pass runs out and I have to learn where all the fun things are in a whole new area of Nagasaki, then only to return back to the original place.

My mother told me about the largest anime shop in Kyuushuu. I'm super excited about going although I currently have no plans to go. It is in Fukuoka after all. I'm saving my money so that I can go on a spending-spree when I go. And I will go. Call it, positive thinking.

Last night, we went to Nagasaki to see the view from the top of a small mountain. I think it is one of the nicest night views in Japan according to Ichiko, Yui's mother. It was quite nice but didn't rival the view from the Q1.

Oh, I ate for the first time at a family restaurant called Joyful. They specialise in hamburgers. Japanese hamburgers don't have bread involved, they only eat the meat paddy. WTF? That is hardly a burger in my opinion, it is just a poor, solitary, meat paddy. But, regardless, it was quite nice. I had my meat paddy with a rash of bacon, pineapple and a small blob of spaghetti on the side. Never fear, the burger itself was pretty small. And I got to use a knife and fork for the first time in, like, forever. It was fun to watch everyone else use knives and forks. They could do it, but the weren't quite as dignified as I was, which is saying a lot because my table manners aren't exactly something to be desired. Don't worry, Katherine. You are still better than me at using chopsticks.

I'll just beat you at speaking, reading, writing and understanding Japanese. Fair price to pay? You can slaughter me at Chinese though.

Gosh darnit. Class starts in like 5 minutes so I have to get off the computer. Sorry about the haphazard post. I'll make sure my next post is a killer.

<3

Ashley-chan

P.s- I have earned, kind of, my first nickname. It isn't really used as a nickname but it is used to refer to my eyes. 向日葵 (ひまわり)It means sunflower, they say that because of the frill of green that surrounds my pupil. Apparently, it looks like a sunflower. ^_~

4 comments:

Saerlin SieGeneris said...

For some reason this computer accepts my screwed up tag of <3. I did it out of habit but hey presto! It worked. Huzzah!

Unknown said...

Sunflower is a cute nickname, although AJ would be better. I am not sure if i get ur weird references but in my strange mind i pictured Ugly Betty dancing near Snape who was sniveling into his cape. LOL <3 W x

Gehrke said...

omg this blog was awesome! ^_^
I was so happy for you to finally discover you have a bit of a nickname. And based on your eyes! How adorable!

When you said that I was still better at using chopsticks, I must admit that I laughed and said "yessssss" and then reading the next sentence I laughed once again and thought "touche" =]

Those crazy Japanese with their burgers. Now on to comment your second post ^^

(Oh I'm spending the next two nights away from home for Gecko Environment thingything. I was quite glad to come on to do a last check of your blog and discover two. Snaps for Himawari)

&heart;

xD said...

gah screwed up the heart code: ♥