Monday, June 15, 2009

Lucky Ducks

Well, aren't you lucky ducks. Today two of our english teachers are away which results in us having a double spare in the classroom. Me, being me, immediately called dibs on the computer as I remembered I had forgotten that I still had purikura to show you from like 2 weeks ago.

I like this lot, iti is nice and colourful, don't you think?


Oh, yeah. A little story from this day. Basically, Yui and went out in Nagasaki for the day. We went to Ami Plaza which is at Nagasaki Station where Yui went nuts over some guy named Kosuke Something...who works at K-42 and previously had stared on the TV love, reality show called Love Bus. I think. I don't remember the Japanese name it was something like nori-basu where 4 Japanese women and 4 men were chosen to travel around the world in a bus. They went on dates and such in the countries they visited. However, if one person wanted to admit a crush to the other person, they had to ask them to return to Japan with them. If the person said yes, they went home happy, if the person said no, the asker must return to Japan by his or herself.

I don't know what happened to Kosuke what's-his-name...

We got a photo, you have to buy something from the shop to get one though and the lowest priced item is around 10 bucks. It is a pretty clever marketing scheme. There was also another guy from the show that worked there but I think he was a second torch when compared to Kosuke. I talked to them a little, told them where I was from and such. Yui just stood there looking raptured, muttering out some words of adoration. I feel sorry for them if they have to put up with that everyday...

Afterwards, we went to Seiyu and I found the first, semi-decent anime shop. I was so tempted to buy everything that I ended coming away with nothing. So much choice and so little time. Plus, I have to think about weight, practicality and whether I will still want it when I get home as an adult.

After, we went to Karaoke. Karaoke had free icecream and drinks for the two hours we rented our room. If it was me, I would have spent more time at the icecream bar than singing but Yui and I only ended up going down there twice. Damn, shame that. In my opinion.

Then we ran around a little plaza thing and just as we were getting games and manga and stuff, after being dragged around clothing stores, we had to go, which epically sucked. I wanted to look for Ouran Host Club DS game...not to mention...

ZOMFGODZORZ! They have Kingdom Hearts, 358/2.

Do you know how exciting that it? Japan is the only place in the world right now that sells this game, and I want but refuse to buy it as Kingdom Hearts is too precious to me, (being one of my favourite games) to buy in Japanese and not understand. I would rather wait for the English version which should be out by the time I get back anyway...If it isn't I'll buy it in Japanese.

They also have Vampire Knight and Kuroshitsuji DS games which I will buy eventually but right now, even the second-hand ones are still expensive as the game is fairly new. It will go down , and I can wait in the meantime with Subarashiki kono sekai, which is like the new Kingdom Hearts by Square Enix. Huzzah.

I recommend it, although I bet it is released in English now. Fortunately, I know enough Japanese to figure out most of the cutscenes. And when I don't Shiki (the girl on the right) helps me out by saying, "Let's go here!" and then I scan and talk to everyone until something happens.

I've sworn to myself to only by games that I can get in Japan, I won't by games that I can get in Australia. With the above game, the only exception. If I can't buy Kingdom Hearts, I had to have something Square Enix, Final Fantasy is too plot based for me to understand...

So, for the second time today.

<3

Ashley-chan

P.s: I was thinking about this as I was looking at my USB, Jenna, if you actually read this, have you found my USB at home yet. I hope you have so you could finish Code Geass R2. Code Geass is great, isn't it?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the brown shirt and blue checkered shirt. I knew you would look good in brown. Keep buying lovely clothes for Uni.

Gehrke said...

I agree with your mother there. When I saw what you were wearing I thought "wow that looks nice, haven't seen that outfit before" and hence wondered if you bought it in Japan. Just letting you know how I think for no real reason...

Also, I love those Purikura pictures. Best ones yet! ^^

That's so cute about Yui and Kosuk...e... whatever his name was. And the concept of that Japanese TV show was quite interesting.

And even though it was in your previous blog: yay paddy land! That should be great for you because even though it'll be strange adjusting to the new way of life, you'll get to experience a whole different type of Japan. Because Japan comes in types now ya' know.

lots of love,
♥

Saerlin SieGeneris said...

The purikura distorts the colour of the shirt, it is actually dark green and black stripes, if you look closely you might be able to see it. Yeah, I am trying to buy Uni clothes...

Saerlin SieGeneris said...

Oh, and the shirt underneath is my grey shirt. It's just the light.