Yes, I know I'm horrible. I haven't posted AGAIN. It seems to me that I start a lot of my posts these days with apologies about not posting but to make up for it I am going to tell you all about my week in detail with lots and lots of pictures.
But first, Moving: Abridged.
I moved. Hikari baked me an impromptu cake and Arisa gave me a letter. 以上です。
The first thing I was shocked about when moving into Koto's room is that it has been invaded by an army of Winnie the Pooh, plushies, carpet, curtains, photo frames, everything you can think of. It scares me a little.
We being Koto and her sister Mai went to have a Parfait after Bunkasai rehearsal on Wednesday. Mai works at a Patisserie close to school which means she occasionally brings home cakes and things. Puts me in a good position for my birthday. ^_~ Last sunday, not the one just past, the 1st of November we went out and saw fireworks in the cold and ate out for dinner.
For those who have read my recent blogs I had been kind of depressed and fed up with Japan. Don't worry, I'm okay now. I just wanted a break and to see all my friends again. I wasn't going out much and it was kind of just home, school, Bunkasai practice, home, watch television, sleep. We didn't talk much which made me bit meh...
But, this is how I got out of my slump.
The best friend: Gives me a good, well-needed kick up the bum for being such a party pooper in such an awesome country.
The mother: Abuses my email information and makes me a Facebook account without my knowledge.
The school: 2 day holiday and Bunkasai.
The new home: Internet access, Wii and fun siblings.
The person in question, a.k.a, me: Buys herself a Domo-kun plushie and thinks about how much everyone else is going to be jealous of her once she gets back to the motherland.
So, in summary, I'm back in the groove and there will be no more whining until I get back home and whine about how much I want to go back to Japan.
Okay, I'll concentrate now. Youtube is distracting me again. So, last week was a good week. Monday was school which was school like always but during lunch time and after school was practice for our performance of Mamma Mia and Take A Chance On Me which would be on Saturday. We even came to school both days of the weekend to practice. >_<
The first thing that I saw was Yuakoko which was the name Cocomi's band comprising of Koto: vocals, Yuri: Drums, Akane (Ikeda): Guitar, Morishita: Bass. They did 3 songs, the person who I was most surprised by was Yuri. Totally didn't know she could play the drums, she is kind of a shy-ish demure person so I was like Wow...
I also found out that she has been Morishita's girlfriend for the past month. So didn't know that either.
The band was pretty good, they were the first band of the day so Koto was a little worried that everyone would be nyeh but the third year guys really got into it and danced and sung along, the were really great at kicking the atmosphere and the fun up a notch. From there, I wasn't quite sure what to do.
It was still to early to eat, although I forgot to buy coupons anyway, so I walked around for a bit, eager to see some of the attractions. The thing I wanted to do the most was go in the haunted house, I just always have the image of them mostly from anime, in particular Azumanga Daioh which I have found so useful in pointless customs. Lucky Star is of the same breed.
I went up to the haunted house, (おばけやしき, I made an effort to learn that word) there was no line which was good but unfortunately I was also by myself at that point having lost people somewhere along the way. A girl waved me over and was like, 'come on in', and I was like 'I want to but I don't want to do it by myself...' and she was like, 'Awwww....come on!' and I'm like, 'I really do want to do it, I promise I'll come back later once I find people.'
From there I went into the 'Planitarium' which was being hosted in our classrom, no one else was in there. It was kind of meh, it was walls covered with paint, cardboard stars, a full moon with Sirius Black's silhouette and the most baffling of all...a giant shoe...in a Planitarium...right...
I also had a look at the artwork which was of a pretty high standard of people doing melancholy/reflective poses.
So, I went to find people, Arina and Hikari ran past me once in a stairwell but apart from that mostly every one was outside listening to the bands or in the Gym watching the performances. Near the band area I found Kana, Jin, Natsuki and Oba already lining up for their hotdogs. Jin gave me a bite of hers~^^.
I bought a melon pan as although I brought an obentou, I knew I wouldn't eat until a lot later, it was around 11 at that stage. We watched the Kansho Dancerz which my cute darling little Sayaka is in. She is 100%energy that girl, you can't help but frothe over her.The person in the center on the left is a male wearing a skirt and with implanted boobs dancing Gwen Stefani's Crash Zone(?). Welcome to a typical Japanese high school.
After that we went down to the Gym to see one of the Unmissable events, a whole bunch of Year 12 guys dressing up as girls. Something that would happen only in Japan and dress up the did, and well. Half of them were more girly than I am. >_< Haruna Ai for winning Miss International Queen 2009, a transsexual beauty paegeant.
This one came second, it's so cute too.
The person pictured above was the winner and the person I voted for as the teacher sitting taking pictures behind me gave me her little voting ping pong ball. I later found out that this dashing young lady is Sayaka's boyfriend. Every one has secret boyfriends here...>_<>
The rest were like longest river, highest mountain, American president, hollywood and things like that but half stealing the answers I managed to get them all right and receive my bounty anyhow whether or not it was ill-gained you can decide. The classroom was Halloween themed. Me and Chihiro, yes, she is wearing a mask. As of today, 4 people in my class have swine flu if it gets to 6 we all have a week off. After that I was running out of time so I rushed over to Sadou bu, there were 2 people inside but they were talking and I didn't want to interrupt so I just stood outside. Then the teacher came by and was like, 'What are you doing? You can wait inside.' Turned out that it was just my two classmates, damn my fallible courage.
For the next hour we didn't do much. I fought off the hordes of invisible customers breaking down our rice paper walls. We mostly talked, oddly enough, about the differences between Aus and Japan and what I wanted to do in the future and such. Something I haven't really talked about before at Sadou bu. We always just seem too busy. It is a shame that Sadou doesn't draw in all that many customers because the room did look rather lovely in it's traditional Japanese style.
Isn't it pretty? Despite the Japanese atmosphere I gave up on seiza about 10 minutes in as it wasn't practice although sitting with your legs crossed is a definite no-no so I just sat on my side and waited while my right leg slowly went numb by degrees.
With not much time left before we all had to make our way back to the Gym for notes and things, I rushed over o the Haunted House but they had already cut off the line saying that they didn't have time. I was even prepared to go in by myself! But no sweat, I just figured I'd make sure that I got to go in the following day.
Went over to the gym passing a whole bunch of pictures made with paper mache, ours was of Audrey Hepburn and the best by far although some of the Michael Jackson ones weren't bad. The theme was famous people. Straight after school ended we had our first tech rehearsal which I filmed as I kew I probably wouldn't get another chance. A tech rehearsal being what a tech rehearsal is, my poor camera just sits there filming curtain and people shouting for the first 10 minutes. But at least I got some footage, although at the end my camera suddenly tilts unexpectedly which leaves you with only half of the stage for the last minute or so. No big loss but a bit of a pain.
I kind of hyped up at rehearsal, just thinking about how fun the day had been and how great it would be to do it all again tomorrow, not to mention our real performance. So, I left the day on a high, mucking around with dance steps and singing which was fun. After that Koto and I finally made it home and I dumped my photo and watched a Niel Cicierga video I think called The Sleepover which I don't recommend for cowards like me how even get sqeamish at a Zac Efron cardboard cut-out villain. >_<>
So, instead I found some Japanese adds which I like for your entertainment.
Lotte Fits Gum Commercial, (You can stop halfway through, it repeats)And, a very strange commercial. Chip Chop!
That's all for today most likely, especially as I'm having a fight wth Blogspot right now. I finished this post yesterday, I go to put in pictures and Wallah! half of my bloody post is deleted. Not happy Jan. I'll start day 2's blog now if I feel up to it as tomorrow is Sadou bu and Saturday, I'm going to a Wedding Ceremony, in my school uniform. >_< That's the thing to do in Japan.
<3
Ashley-chan


9 comments:
WTF, wedding in school uniform?? Louise wore a beautiful kimono. Sounds like an interesting day, cant wait for part 2. Commercials interesting although they would drive me nuts. Transexual jap boys, lol.,
I know, that's what I thought but Koto said it is common for school age teenagers to wear there school uniforms so...guess no kimono for me. The songs do drive you nuts but the are fun so don't mind so much. Part 2, thursday unless I can find time tomorrow.
<3
What's that mysterious typing sound, Blog, blog Ashley's blog, Blog, blog Ashley's blog, FROM JAPAN, blog Ashley's blog, Blog, blog Ashley's blog, FROM JAPAN........ sorry that just popped into my head for no apparent reason >_<
this was an awesome blog. it made me happy and energised ^^ I love your domo-kun too. Damn right we'll all be jealous haha And omg I love the Fits ad hahhahaa 'teeko teeeko teko teeee' I played it over and over then downloaded it :D
haha I like that ^^ *referring to the mysterious typing noise*
and now I realise I quoted the wrong words from the delighted Fits video. I believe I got it from another (...yes, I searched for more than the one you linked us to haha I'm obsessed. I'm so showing everyone tomorrow.)
"NOOOODO NOOOODO NODOMIIII" haha
I forgot to Lol at the jap hairdo Ash, with the cool side burns and slick hair. Lol
Lol, you guys crack me up. Yes, I'm conforming, the bangs are about as close as I can get to the Japanese look without actually cutting my hair. I don't want a permanent fringe so it will have to do. Mysterious typing sound? Lolz. Someone else has been bitten by the Niel Cicierga bug. (Creator of Potter Puppet Pals)
Lol, how annoying is the Fits add, I can even do the dance, not the new one though. I'll teach it to you and we can annoy everyone. I love the みんな で 食べよう voice in the Chip! Chop! add, it makes me laugh every time. I knew you'd be jealous of my Domo-kun. >_< I'll let you play with him.
bahahaha I've been practising the Fits dance. It's so tiring! And I showed it to people today and Alex quite enjoys doing the chicken flapping thing. Sophie just said 'what have you done?' to me when Alex continuously sung and danced it before our English exam. haha I found a Fits dance comp on Youtube and that also amused me for quite some time. I'm obsessed :)
Post a Comment