In about an hour and a half I'll be driving up to the airport. I'm still strangely calm about everything but after all, this certainly has been a long time coming. I learnt my first host families just this morning. It seems I am particularly good at leaving all the important details until the last minute.
I've done pretty much all the things I wanted to do before leaving, I made a keyblade (instead of chakrams) and a Snape hand puppet who you will be introduced to shortly. Incidentally, I didn't get to do a Slytherin cosplay in honour of Harry Potter: Half Blood Prince which comes out in September mostly due to the fact that it is practically impossible to find anything that vaguely resembles a Slytherin tie. Damn. XD
Just wanted to thank everyone for their well-wishes and support. I really appreciate and will honestly miss everyone...It's only 10 months though. I'll be back and more asian than ever. ^_^
To the crew at work: Thank you for being so kind to me, and putting up with all my quirky peccadillos and even joining in. You made earning money a lot of fun. I'm wearing my gorgeous necklace right now. XoXo.
To my friends: Saturday Night was really fun even though Jack and Ross are like EPIC scaredy-cats. Lol. I can't believe Kitty is the bravest. Oh, the irony. But I started thinking about what we did, (Dracula's haunted house) and how there were dare doors. (Doors that were scarier than the rest of the haunted house) The way we were so scared to enter, even though we knew that there was nothing in there that would hurt us (mental scarring aside).
It just kind of related to Japan to me, there will be things that I will be afraid to do in Japan, not because I'll be in any danger but just because of my mental limitations. Not to mention, it will be even harder without all my friends. But I will do my best to overcome all obstacles and pass the bloody EVIL JLPT Lvl. 2 exam, don't get your hopes up though...
Oh my god. We leave the house in an hour.
To my family: Thank you for being amazing. I really love both of you, (and Lucy) and I will miss you immensely but I'm glad that you understand that this is something that I want to do and support me in that decision. I'll make sure I have a ball. Love you more.
Ok, I'll stop being sappy now and introduce you all to the puppet version of my fiancee. He's my mood indicator. ^^
Mood:
I'm sure you'll see a whole lot more of him.
Here goes nothing!
<3
Ashley-chan.

