So, here I am in Japan. Finally. I am in Tokyo at the moment at Narita View Hotel and after one ridiculously short flight (Brisbane to Sydney) and one horribly long one in which pretty much no sleep was attained (Sydney to Tokyo) I am here. In the mighty land of Asia. Oooo...There was in-flight entertainment which was pretty darn awesome...I watched Tinkerbell...
Appropriate for a 17 year old, I know.
So, in Japan doing orientation with a whole bunch of other students. We are having fun and vaguely learning things. It doesn't really seem like we are in Japan yet as we are still all together and still all speaking english. Tomorrow will definently be judgement day. Tomorrow I embark on YET ANOTHER plane flight from Tokyo to Nagasaki where I am staying as most of you should know.
Crap, half of my time is gone already.
I ate an onigiri!!!! It was like the first thing I bought in Japan. They are just as good as I remember, plain with soy sauce and Grape Fanta and pocky. Real, authentic, amazing tasting pocky.
Ok, I don't have a lot of time left, 3 and 1/2 minutes so I will quickly tell you a story.
While I was in Narita airport waiting at the baggage carousel, a lady began to pull away her trolley with her luggage piled atop. Her earring caught on it and popped off, unnoticed by her. Bending down and grabbing it, I hurriedly followed her and caught her attention and dutifully gave back her earring. Spotting my luggage on the carousel I then rushed off to get it before it disappeared. After getting my luggage, my lady ran up to me and gave me a paper origami crane. Only in Japan.
Ok, really gotta go.
<3
Ashley-chan.
Miss you all.
Friday, March 27, 2009
At the Airport
Posted by Saerlin SieGeneris at 9:56 PM

