
So, as you all now know I am going to Nagasaki. Most of the time when I tell people I get a whole lot of blank stares and biting of lips so generally I substitute Nagasaki for, "It's down the bottom of Japan". It's easier. Now, apart from an atomic bomb being dropped on Nagasaki, I didn't know all too much about it like many other people. Therefore I did what all modern people do and submitted myself to the tool which not only is used by people everyday, everywhere but has now become a verb in our language. That's right. I Googled it.
Google is usually quite helpful but unfortunately due to the large amount of attention it received from the bombing, It was quite difficult to find any relevant information for my stay. But we did scratch the suface, hence the following information is very vague. My apologies. I will hone my Googling skills one day.
Nagasaki is a large prefecture on one of the lower islands of Japan, Kyushu. It maintains a small connection to Japan's main island, Honshu, by one bridge. Nagasaki is considered to be a very different flavour to traditional Japan, whilst it still has elements of traditional Japanese in it, the Nagasaki port has opened it's culture to western and chinese influence. Evidence of these influences still exist today within the cuisine, dutch theme park, Huis Ten Boch, and Nagasaki's many China towns. It is home to many temples, shrines and churches but people seem to say that the most interesting thing about Nagasaki is not the landmarks but the friendly if not slightly disfunctional people. That is one thing I am definitely looking forward to exploring.
Even though I am a little isolated from the main island, I am looking forward to discovering all that the city has to offer and to share the time with my (hopefully) newly made friends. ^_^
Coming up next, some information on my school.
<3
Ashley-chan
Monday, January 19, 2009
Nagasaki: The Exotic City
Posted by Saerlin SieGeneris at 1:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
ashley!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you sooooo much for my awesome emily strange shirts i looove them. A few people want them but no their mine now ^-^
i really like your black friday pics how'd you do them.
missing you heaps probably will see you working somtime love you
Sammi Naday xxxx
Post a Comment