ZOMFGODZORZ! For some strange reason everyone thinks I am insane after FINALLY finishing year twelve and studying my but off for the last 5 or so years, I am going back to school off my own FREE WILL.
((Just as a side note, writing free will reminded me of Free Willy which reminded me of Flipper. You know the dolphin from Flipper...he's dead.)))
But really it's no that bad, is it? Yes, I am going back to school but this will be totally different as:
1] I'll be in Japan
2] I'm not planning on studying REALLY hard, just enough to pass and be happy.
3] I am actually going to socialize this time.
4] I'll be way more fluent in Japanese when I go to do it in 2010.
Anyway, I am going back to school. So there. Now, onto what I know about the school. Well...it is named Isahaya Commercial School in the prefecture of Isahaya in Nagasaki. It is a public school and is co-education. (((Thank God!))
It is a non-religious school ((Thank...uh...Johnny Depp, God on Earth)). There are 175 boys and 658 girls. Wow. Go the females. I go to school from 8.30 - 3.40 every week day. I get to experience both the summer and winter holidays. I have internet access! I will update this blog, I promise.
And here is the best part: The school pays for all my uniforms and my textbooks! I love you, Isahaya Commercial School! And the school sent me this cute little message too:
The students are really looking forward to sharing lots of things with an exchange student. They are very kind and friendly. The exchange students we are hosted had a wonderful time here. I hope you'll enjoy staying here and learning lots of new, different things.
Nawww...how cute is that. Not too shabby for an english teacher. ^_^
As Isahaya is a commercial school it means that alongside english and maths and normal subjects, it also has business and home economics courses.
Some of the clubs are:
~Baton Club
~English Club
~News Paper Club
~Kendo
~Tea Ceremony
~Calligraphy
~Music Club
And some others that I don't really remember, but there are a lot of clubs. I'm really looking forward to taking part in a club and learning a new skill. I'd like to do something more traditional so that I can come back to Australia and show off. ^_^ Yes, I'm that self-centered. Jk.
That's all from me for now. I'll update soon once I get some more information. Orientation is coming up fast as well. So, by the 27th I should know everything I can possibly know before going.
Ja ne...
<3
Ashley-chan
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Back 2 School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment