Ooo...you all must hate me, it has been over a span since I have posted. Naughty me. Yui didn't have club on thursday so we went home at the normal time and I had no computer over the weekend so it honestly isn't my fault.
Btw, a span is 10 days. You can blame my mother for that, sending me an awesome book and all. Thank you mother! It helped with my boredom and I will definently read it again. (Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss...I think...comes highly recommended by me.) But, thank the Lord, I have now been introduced to the Library which is only one train stop away at Kikitsu and a short walk. Next time I will be getting my own card so I can use it at my own discression.
Their english section is only small but the do have the entire Harry Potter series, some Dan Brown, Stephen King, John Grisham and a smattering of the classics. I'm am sure I can keep entertained for a little while. Currently reading: Earthsea by Ursula Le Guin. It isn't bad, nor is it great but it will keep me occupied. I have a small haunting in my brain which says that I have read it before but since I don't remember it, I'll continue.
Oh, yeah, by the way peoples, I bought a Nintendo DS Lite. Brand new, crimson-black for around $170 Australian, exchange rate included. Also bought a few games, KanKen 3 (Kanji practice game), The World Ends with You (a new SquareEnix game), Code Geass which i picked up for only 1000円, and happened to stumble upon Kingdom Hearts: Chain of memories which is a Gameboy Advance Game that was only ever released in Japan.
Oh, Kitty you are going to love me. I own all but one of Ouran Host Club and...GUESS WHAT? There is a DS game of that too, I just have to hunt it down first. >_<; Planning to buy sometime in the future: Ouran, Kuroshitsuji, Death Note and other assorted anime games that you can only get here. Don't worry mum, I am buying all my games second hand so they don't cost nearly as much as they should. I got Code Geass, World ends with you and Kingdom Hearts all for under about $60 which is pretty good if you ask me.
But, this post is about a party not nerdish books and games. So, party. Last Sunday I went to a party, it was fun. This sounds like a gradeschool essay... We all ate takoyaki and everyone brought a multitude of Japanese sweets and not wanting to pass up the opportunity to taste them all without having to actually buy them I duly sampled pretty much all of them.
No pictures today, sorry, I hadn't planned on ditching everyone at lunch to write this and thus did not bring my ipod cord on which all my photos are stored. It was quite a walk from the station to Arina's house and there was about 20 of us all in all. We took photos, watched television and played a few games. After that 6 of us went and did Purikura. The one sucky thing about not having a phone over here is having to ask everyone to send Purikura to your email which is a little costly and inconvenient for everyone... Wait, mother has come to save the day taking pictures from my email which I never received. That's odd...
"Here's some of Ash's purikura photos from the party, I stole them from her email last week but I don't know how to put them in the text. Sorry guys and Ash <3> " Don't worry, I fixed it. Thanks mum.



Just reading emails, umm...no I am still doing every bloody class, no spares, and we are coming up to midterms which I gracefully refuse to take. Death. Sorry, felt like that was necessary. Ok, I have to wrap it up now as next class it going to start soon and I don't even know what it is. Mendokusai...(It means like troublesome/bothersome) and is somewhat commonly used here. Signing off,
(Do you know train conductors in Japan salute each other as trains go past, every time. Lolz.)
Love,
Ashley-chan


4 comments:
yayyy you've finally written something again. you have once again briefly saved me for a treasured moment from my "mendokusai" no shukudai.
I got your letter and was jumping around the house and spinning around in circles. Perhaps a little embarrassing to post on a public comment board, but oh well, that's what happened.
Ummm... I had wanted to say something but my brain is dead. "Death."
Oh wow, there's a teachers' strike tomorrow, meaning I HAVE NO SCHOOL! :D Just thought I'd say that.
And nawww.... you're doing 第二年的汉语。你能看这的?:)
meh, Japanese is cooler anyway.
You and I with our elite Asian skills can dominate the world. I can't actually say that IN an Asian language, but eventually... ;D
Oh and I showed your blog about going to the hot spring to Alex. We both lol'd the night away. Not that it was night. We were actually at school. But we still laughed.
Hey Ash!
Its Anita, remember me?
Haha I’ve been reading your little diary entries and I’m enjoying them immensely. There is no need to wish you any luck or enjoyment because it’s obvious you are quite captivated by Japan and relishing the experience. As per usual nothing terribly earth-shattering is happening here in ‘Aus Land’, although I have discovered to my complete horror that I have a negative effect on my household electrical outlets. (I have a 'knack' you might say to killing all electricity to the house and my appliances-and I don’t know why). I’m still working at the restaurant in Kirra and studying children services at TAFE-I’VE ALMOST COMPLETED MY CERTIFICATE 3… Yay! Ok well I’m going to bed because I’ve come down with SWINE FLU!-*shock, horror!*- nah only kidding, but this cld wont go away and im getting wuite annoyed by its continuing presence (2 wks so far).
Anyway- Ekki Ekki Ekki, Patang Zumboing!
~Say Hi to Severus for me, hehe!!
C ya Ash
xoxox
Yay...people comment. I love you guys. Gehrke, not embarassing at all, I was equally excited at reading your letter. Lol @ teachers strike, you must be loving that. I am still struggling to pronounce the roomaji of chinese as no one has taught it to me, I just have to figure it out myself but I'll get there hopefully.
Yay, Anita. I'm glad everything is good for you in Aus. It is nice to know that people asides from my family and Gehrke read this, that makes my day. Lol, I can just imagine electrical appliances turning against you. In Japan, swine flu= buta infruenza. Lolz. I gotta go. Love you all, bye.
Post a Comment